Thursday, June 12, 2008

News from Vienna's Soul Seduction

So, let the fun begin! Now, you guys know I’m a little football nuts, and you know the European championships come to Austria and Switzerland this month? Well you can imagine, I’m like an 8 year old how has been let loose in a sweet shop for 3 weeks. What ever team you follow, I hope you have a great championship and enjoy the games. More about the footie later in the intro but we better talk about some music before I lose you all?Big up Karen P for a brilliant new Broadcasting comp via Sonar Kollektiv.
Seriously, what a selection. I was blown away by some of these tracksCrate diggers unite, as Kon & Amir are back. Check Off Track 2 - Queens for some heavy hitters indeed. Big up BBE for bring us the goods as always.Rodney Hunter gets remixed. Thank the Skwerl and Trick & Kubik for some Huntermatic magic. This bound to be a huge release I think?Two banks of four - Shadowlands & Junkyard Gods (remixes) and that man Roland Appel on point again with another awesome rehash. Already a firm fav on my laptop sets and sure to be in yours.
The Season & Sygaire remix also very good, check them.Another biggie on my laptop sets is Manuel Tur. this time he comes via the Freerange platform and Vabanque with the Stimming remix is doing good things for me on the floor. Bootyful.As ever, the list continues alas with out me, more and more big tunes to check out, yes I recommend you spend more time checking thoroughly as I’m tipping the top of a lot of great music.
Hope you dig a few of the things that caught my ear in the list though.Party time and Vienna will be in a frenzy this month with the football and all. Have to give big props to the people at Puma as they have put on some niceness forthcoming for the championships. Check the Republic of Football events coming up at the Volksgarten banana all throughout June. They start proceeding this Friday with Gerwin Kante (DJ set), Philipp van het Veld (DJ set), Calvin Harris (live performance). Check this link for more about the events and what’s happening during ‘Republic of PUMA Football’.
Puma have got together also with underground mag Vice. Show stopping around Vienna will be the funkiest VW van ever. Labelled the Vice X Puma Mobile Disco it will be bringing the party to the streets in original Soundsystem stylee. I expect this wagon to be nuts and a big hit. More about the van here. Looking forwards to hearing the adventures of all concerned with the van.Finally, this Thursday, if you are about Vienna, drop into Mon Ami for a little gathering with nice people. Jazzdination is the event and special live guest this week is Karuan from Sunshine Enterprises. More about this party here. See ya there?
OK, I’m out to clean up the old footie boots just in case some team out there needs a old hand in the midfield? Till next week, guys, have a great seven days and nights. Peace and best wishes from the beautiful city of Vienna.

No comments: